Matters of the Heart: A Valentine's Day Wish

Irwin always reminds me that I don’t remember many things and… he is correct.  While he has a stellar, almost savant memory, I must admit that a good number of my brain cells have gone south over the years and as a consequence, I am always searching for something I have misplaced.

I have mislaid eyeglasses and keys, jewelry and checks, hats, gloves, food and just recently, Charlie, our dog. I unknowingly left him in the hallway overnight and had no idea he was missing until our doorman called us to say that he was sitting in front of an apartment on another floor.

Lost and Found

 

 

Charlie Should be too big to lose

 

While I have searched through my building’s recycling for a misplaced letter and the oven (YES the oven- it’s hereditary, unfortunately) for keys, I have never misplaced my feelings; I embrace them and wear them on my sleeve.

So while I must admit that I forgot the song we danced our first dance to at our wedding (and I will NEVER live that down), I have not forgotten the first Valentine’s Day gift Irwin gave me all those years ago, a gold lariat.  He will probably be surprised to read that I recall the gift because it was something we did not keep.  The truth is, he had ordered it through his aunt and had never seen it until it arrived in the mail that very day.  Although we sent it back because it was not what we expected, I kept the box and have it still.

Gift wrapped forever

 

Why am I sharing this?  Because over thirty years later I can still close my eyes and remember him handing me that small gift wrapped box.  I can still recall the excitement and anticipation I felt on that very first Valentine’s Day. The sensation is palpable.  It is that way with matters of the heart.  And while a small wrapped box always brings a smile to my face, I have learned that there are greater gifts to receive…and give.

This year my Valentine’s Day wish is simple: To find a home for our Pretty in Pink 4 Life Bench and to hand Komen CT a check for ALL the proceeds.  Our commitment to Komen for the Cure is deeply personal. It is for us, a matter of the heart. 

 

timeless Beauty in pink & chrome

 

with ALL proceeds to benefit Komen CT

 

every detail: Perfection

 

 

Each grid a celebration of life's triumphs

 

 

Giving someone you love a gift that keeps giving; a gift that has stood the test of time and is now stronger, more beautiful and vibrant than ever, is precious.

 

 

Matters of the heart are priceless

 

How perfect that this simple, elegant bench represents so much and so many.  And  Valentine’s Day, a celebration of life and love, reminding us that it is and will always be a matter of the heart, is priceless.

Happy Valentine’s Day

 

 

Comments
Marcy's Gravatar You two have the biggest hearts! This bench is beautiful but it also represents a lovely gift. I featured your blog today at stylesson.com - I can't wait to find out who will be getting this lovely Valentine's Day gift!
# Posted By Marcy | 2/11/11 10:08 AM
Marcy's Gravatar Many Thanks Marcy! So looking forward to finding out as well!
# Posted By Marcy | 2/11/11 3:48 PM
Anne Morris's Gravatar Marcy:

You and Irwin are AMAZING people. Susan G. Komen for the Cure is so grately for your generosity! 25% of your donation will be used to fund research to find the causes and ultimately the cures for breast cancer and the other 75% will be invested IN CONNECTICUT in education, screening and treatment to make sure we lower mortality from this disease until we have the cure. THANK YOU and have a very special day.
# Posted By Anne Morris | 2/14/11 12:00 PM
marcy's Gravatar Belated thanks Anne! We look forward to continuing our support of Susan G. Komen for the Cure!
# Posted By marcy | 2/23/11 4:43 PM
Engine System Integration's Gravatar Very well written article. It will be helpful to everyone who employee it, including me. Keep up the good work - can't wait to read more posts.
# Posted By Engine System Integration | 7/20/16 12:37 AM
IRWIN FELD DESIGN COPYRIGHT 2009 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED  Contact Blog Owner